What Should Someone Expect From Their Massage & Massage Therapist?
• A clean, safe and comfortable environment before, during and after the massage
• Respect, courtesy, confidentiality and dignity
• Privacy while changing and right to remove clothing only to their level of comfort for
• Draped appropriately by a sheet and blanket, with only the area being massaged
• A licensed/certified professional massage therapist, working within their
scope of practice and in an ethical manner
• Option to ask questions of the massage therapist and receive professional responses
• Determine if there will be conversation, music or quiet during the massage
• An explanation of the nature of the massage and techniques to be used in advance of
starting the massage
• The right to consent to the massage techniques and approaches, including manual
pressure, used in the massage
What Should a Massage Therapist Expect From Their Client?
• Respect, courtesy and dignity
• Treated as a healthcare professional
• Timely arrival at massage therapy appointment
• Arrive showered, washed hair, with clean feet and clothes.
• Complete and accurate disclosure of health/medical conditions during intake process
• Communication of expectations of and concerns about the massage
• Payment at time of service
• Reasonable notice (usually 24 hours) in cancelling a massage appointment
• This is not a walk in location, client should never show up without a scheduled appointment.
Right of refusing service LoveHealing reserves the right to refuse service to any guest that behaves in an impolite, inappropriate or suggestive manner, lacking respect to the staff or other guests, or is clearly intoxicated.
We reserve the right to modify or refuse service to any guest that presents a medical condition that may be contraindicated to massage services
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, with or without stating a cause.